Sunday, April 08, 2007

I'm Still Alive...

Yes, I'm still here. I just haven't had time to post for almost this entire month. Second semester is much worse than first. I did oral argument last Tuesday and won 3-0, but the judges admitted that they judged it on the merits, and I think my partner/opponent did a great job as well. All and all, the class seems to be holding it together fairly well. I had one nightmare last Monday though.

I was in contracts and I hadn't read the material for class that day, due to family stuff on Sunday, my usual day to work on contracts. It figured that he would call on me that day of all others. I tried to fake my way through it for all of about 1 minute before I just fessed up and said I wasn't prepared. I atoned for my sins on Wednesday though, so I'm square with the house now. I was also on call for civ. pro. last week and the first day of being on call didn't go the best, but I rocked on the second day of it. I'm happy to be done with all this being called on nonsense.

As for today... well, I made leg of lamb with hashbrowns and green beans for my family today. I'm told that leg of lamb is one of my best dishes, and since I love cooking, what better day to do it than Easter Sunday. Unfortunately the green beans were a little freezer burned, but things still came out just fine. On the not so great side of things this weekend, I have a head cold and it's making me miserable. I'm on prescription decongestants because no known nonprescription brand can fully relieve it, and the only one that comes close sends me into anxiety attacks.

Exams are coming up starting, I believe, two weeks from tomorrow. I cannot believe how quickly this semester has gone by. It's almost over. I'll be working 3 days a week at my old job to get some money this summer, and I'll be working at the Lapeer County Prosecutor's Office as an intern the other 2 days. One thing I'm really looking forward to however, is spending time with Amanda this summer. As it is, I talk to her every day on the phone, but I only see her once a week. I'm looking forward to spending 2-3 days a week with her now that the semester is coming to a close. I honestly never thought I would feel like this again after my fiancée made me choose between her and law school (it's obvious which I chose ne?), but I love being with her whenever I can. She is a wonderful, kind, and special person, and I honestly don't think I could be happier with any woman than I am now. It speaks worlds that she puts up with only seeing me once a week, and that she tolerates my bitching and griping about the cases I have to read. Ah well, time for me to work on contracts. I'll post on here before exams start and then again when they're done. I just want this semester to be over, as I am 110% burnt out right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home